Our Social Enterprise
The Portland Guesthouse
We believe everyone has the right to lead an independent and fulfilling life. After years of planning and fundraising, we opened the doors to our Social Enterprise in January 2020. Based in the centre of Cheltenham, our Social Enterprise offers professional high quality accommodation and customer service, guest experience is of paramount importance to us! Most importantly, the social enterprise provides those living with a disability, an opportunity to:
- Build on independence skills
- Access a full training programme
- Gain real life work experience
- Support to achieve qualifications in Hospitality (The Portland Foundation Certificate in Hospitality has been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality)
- Guidance to progress into paid employment.
Interested service users will need to complete an application form and attend an interview for the post. They will be required to work various shifts and take part in a variety of tasks to ensure they really get the most out of this opportunity. If you would like more information, or to come and visit us before applying, please contact Sian (the manager of our social enterprise):
Phone: 01242 906600
Click through the gallery below to see our rooms,
Our social enterprise also has a website if you’d like to take a look, please visit: The Portland Guesthouse .
If you would like to book a stay, please select your dates below to check availability: